Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Raising the Bar


I sold my house in the Hudson Valley today and I am absolutely thrilled. No regrets. I have moved on. I will though miss with all my heart all the wonderful people I have met, that I've learned so much from—but all those people, the ones that stick, will always be in my life. I am as faithful as my German short-haired pointer, Clementine.

I've been thinking about all of the things I am grateful for. Sometimes I feel really lucky, sometimes I feel really blessed, sometimes I feel like I just work really really hard. But, mostly, I just feel grateful for all the lessons that I've learned along the way, for the love I've received and been able to give in return.

I want to do interesting things for the rest of my life, but more importantly, I want to do good things. I want to love and respect myself and earn others love and respect. I want to go to sleep at night with a clear conscience and know that I made someone else's life better every day. These are my simple goals. I'm raising the bar.

1 comment:

north pal said...

you wrote some pretty profound thoughts and we all could follow those ideas. something to really think about. wouldn't it be grand if all tried just a bit of that. bestest, Denise