Thursday, November 05, 2009

Fall Descends



It has been really cold in Lyon and rainy. I do not love this change as I am not a Winter person at all. After all my years in the beautiful Hudson Valley and after shoveling more snow that I can possibly bare to think about, I have quietly admitted to all the defenders of Winter and the cold, that I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I had Winters in Red Hook, one in particular, where I swore I would embrace the season with great zeal. And I did. I bought the girls, then 8 and 11, new cross country skis. We used them once, maybe twice until one of the girls ended up in tears her hands were so cold, she could ski no more. And I bought Canadian ice skates. We skated on our bumpy pond, which was admittedly fun, just cold. I do love to skate.

Again I am going to try to embrace Winter, but here in Lyon where the season is admittedly milder, I think I have more chance of success. I'm gonna put my Winter on, tout de suite.

No comments: